International students will be admitted to Ankara University Associate and Bachelor/Undergraduate Programs based on the exam results obtained from Ankara University Examination for Foreign Students (2016-AYÖS / 2017-AYÖS) and other equivalent exams (SAT I, ACT, International Baccalaureate, ABITUR, etc.)
Applicants who have fulfilled secondary-level education equal to a Turkish high school education and meet the necessary requirements may apply to study at associate and undergraduate programs of Ankara University.
|DATES OF APPLICATION||19/06/2017 – 10/07/2017|
|ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS||26/07/2017|
|FINAL REGISTRATION||05/09/2017 – 08/09/2017|
2-QUOTAS AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
You can click here for quotas.
You can click here for programs and admission requirements.
(2017-2018 Tuition Fees are to be announced.)
4-NOTES AND IMPORTANT POINTS
1-Assessment of the applications and placement of the candidates are under Ankara University’s authorization. Ankara University is not obliged to fill the quota. Meeting application requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
2-Only one of the exam results required in assessment should be used in application. Application of the candidates using more than one result will be void.
3-10% country quota is applied in the assessment process. Candidate must fill in his/her country correctly. Filling in a different country will result in the revoke of the registration even if the candidate gains the right to register.
4-Applications with high school or secondary school diplomas, domestic/international, other than the ones announced to be accepted for the application will not be accepted.
5-No application fee is required.
6-Exam results AYOS, ACT and ACT are valid for two years.(Including
7-Only certified documents will be accepted. Copies of online score reports or score report labels (Except AYÖS, SAT and ACT) will not be accepted.
8-Due to excessive number of applications; the documents submitted in the application process cannot be returned after placement.
9-For the attention of the applicants applying with German high school diploma; applications with Fachabitur, equivalent to technical high school diploma, are void. Only applications with Abitur, equivalent to general high school diploma, will be accepted.
10-For the attention of applicants applying with SAT score; SAT score reports must be sent directly to the registration address via ETS until the registration dates (September 5-8, 2017). (SAT Code for Ankara University: 7964)
11-Students registering for university must enrol in Universal Health Insurance (Genel Sağlık Sigortası) by applying to Social Security Institution (Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumu) with their Foreigner Identification Number. Students cannot benefit from the health service unless they apply for it.
5-GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATE, BACHELOR/UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS
Those who are going to apply for the associate degrees or the undergraduate programs of Ankara University are required to meet the following requirements:
– Those who are either high school graduates or studying their last year in high school;
1-Those who are foreign nationals.
2- Those who are Turkish citizens by birth but who have lost Turkish citizenship via residential permit ( those who hold the permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkey to cease to be a Turkish citizen) , and who have Turkish nationality up to the third sub-lineage and who may deliver a certified copy of Blue ID Register from Blue ID or ID-Share system, and also those who can deliver ID record from their own national country.
3-Those who have been given Turkish citizenship as a second nationality.
4- a) Those who are Turkish citizens by birth and who started their secondary education abroad before 01/02/2013 and who studied the last three years of their secondary education in a foreign country except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (including the studies at a Turkish Ministry of Education School in a foreign country except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus),
- b) Those who are Turkish citizens and who started their secondary education after 01/02/2013 and have fulfilled their secondary education in a foreign country except Republic of Turkish Northern Cyprus (including those who have completed their secondary education at a Turkish Ministry of Education School in a foreign country except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus).
5-Those who are citizens of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who still reside in the TRNC and had a score of the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in the TRNC, and who took the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in foreign countries between 2005-2010.
- The registration of those who fail to submit the required admission documents will be cancelled and will not be taken into consideration even if their registration process has been completed.
6-EXAMS / DIPLOMAS THAT ARE ACCEPTED FOR APPLICATION AND MINIMUM SCORES :
a)Minimum 50 standard points in AYÖS 2016 or AYÖS 2017 (Ankara University Examination For Foreign Students),
b)Scores between 1-4 in ABITUR,
c)An international baccalaureate diploma degree and minimum 30 points,
d)Minimum 1100 points in total and minimum 650 points in the math section of SAT I,
e)A score of minimum 24 in ACT,
f)GCE and Cambridge International AL and AS Levels Qualifications
A minimum of two A levels relevant to the program the candidate is applying for, with a minimum grade of A in one of them; in addition, a minimum of 320 points from all A or AS levels taken (with A- level tariff rates: A*=140, A=120, B=100, C=80) should be secured. AS-level (Advanced Subsidiary Level) may be considered in lieu of a nonessential A-level with half tariff rates.
(Those who have not had a score of any kinds of exams on the list yet should not apply to study at any programs.)
g)French Baccalaureate with a minimum score of 15 out of 20 in the stream related to the program the candidate is applying for,
h)Jordan and Palestine Tawjihi Certificate with a minimum exam score of 80 in all programs,
ı)West African Examination Council West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) (WAEC) a minimum of 6 B2 Levels, one of which is relevant to the program the candidate is applying for,
i)A minimum average of 75% in College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) in CSAT ( College Scholastic Aptitude Test) exam prepared by “Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE)” in South Korea [Suneung] including at least one relevant subject in type B.
j)Japan Daigaku Nyûski Sentâ Shiken Entrance Exam
Parts of Exam, Maximum Points and Duration of Exams:
Japanese Language 80 minutes (200 points)
Social Sciences (History-Geography, Citizenship) 1 part 60 minutes (110 points), 2 parts 130 minutes (200points)
Maths 1 60 minutes (100 points)
Maths 2 60 minutes (100 points)
Science 1 60 minutes two parts (100 points)
Science 2 60 minutes, 1 part (100 points), 2 parts 130 minutes (200 points)
Foreign Language 80 minutes (200 points)
Those who have a score of any exams on the above mentioned list in paragraphs (i), (j) are going to gain an acceptance depending on the decision of the related faculty members.
k)Aptitude test: Applicants who will apply to departments that require aptitude tests should not only provide the necessary requirements, but also required to take an aptitude test conducted by the related faculty or department.
The results of exams which are specified as the University Entrance Exam are valid for only two years.
There is no time expiry for the exams which are specified as High School Graduation Exam.
2 –1 Photo,
3-The original certified form of Exam Result Certificate,
4 –The original form of High School Diploma and its ratified translation into Turkish Language,
5-Photocopy of the page of the passport bearing the applicant’s photo,
6-Applicants who hold dual citizenship (if one is Turkish Republic citizenship) must submit a certificate of identity register copy,
7-Applicants who apply pursuant to the Article 4 of the application criteria must submit a certified document which states that the applicant has completed the entire secondary education abroad ( a certified document from the school graduated or a transcript covering the complete education period).
Applicants who will submit Ankara University Examination for Foreign Students test score (AYÖS 2016- AYÖS 2017)
Applicants who will apply with Ankara University Examination for Foreign Students, inside or outside Turkey, will make their selections on http://ayostercih.ankara.edu.tr with their AYÖS number and test year between June 19-July 10, 2017. Applicants, after selecting minimum 1, maximum 5 options, will submit and press save button to complete the application. Applicants, after signing the form saved, must hand in required documents in person or send them by post to Ankara University Rectorate Student Affairs Department.
Applicants who are Going to submit an equivalent exam result (SAT I, ACT, International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Cambridge International AL and ASL, French Baccalaureate, Jordan-Palestine Tawjihi etc.);
Those who are going to apply with an equivalent exam result, (SAT I, International Baccalaureate, ABITUR, ACT, etc.) inside or outside Turkey, will have to enter their e-mail address into “Şifre Gönder” section and click on “Şifre Gönder” button to get a password on http://ydok.ankara.edu.tr/. To access the form, applicants will fill in their e-mail address and password they received. The next step will be uploading a picture and filling out the form. Applicants, after selecting minimum 1, maximum 5 options, will submit and press save button to complete the application on the 3rd step. Applicants, after signing the form saved, must hand in required documents in person or send them by post to Ankara University Rectorate Student Affairs Department.
- Those who are going to apply with an equivalent exam result must upload a photo taken in the last 3 months via scanning which can fulfil the requirements of a passport or any other official ID in .jpg format. The photo that will be used in the application must bear the requirements below;
- Head must face the camera directly with full face and neck in view
- You cannot wear colorful glasses
- Men cannot have beard
For the attention of applicants who will apply to departments that require aptitude tests
Applicants who will apply to departments that require aptitude tests should not only provide the necessary requirements, but also required to take an aptitude test conducted by the respective faculty or department.
Applicants must download the form below and fill it out, make their selections regarding the departments that require aptitude tests and send all the application documents including the form to Ankara University Rectorate Student Affairs Department.
P.S: Applicants who select the departments that require aptitude tests must follow the announcements on respective faculties’ websites.
- Selections should be made regarding program quotas and requirements on the quota table.
- While selecting programs, the program most desired should be on top of the list. If you gain right to register for one of the programs you selected, you will not be qualified for the additional placement process.
- The documents must arrive at the address stated below on July 10, 2017 at the latest.
Ankara Üniversitesi Rektörlüğü Öğrenci İşleri Daire Başkanlığı,
Tandoğan Yerleşkesi, Ord. Prof. Dr.Aziz Kansu Binası (Rektörlük Ek Hizmet Binası) B Blok 3 Kat Beşevler/ANKARA TR-06100
9-LANGUAGE OF EDUCATION
The language of education at our university is generally Turkish. At our university, education can be given partially or completely in a foreign language as well. You can get information about the medium of instruction of the program you are applying for in Quota section.
10-TURKISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Those who are coming from abroad should submit their diploma proving that they have taken a proficiency exam in Turkish. Foreign Languages Research and Application Centre (TÖMER) or Yunus Emre Institute have been awarded a degree of Turkish Proficiency. Students who do not submit their Turkish Proficiency Diploma during the application process should submit it in the following maximum two years. After two years; those who cannot prove their proficiency will be dismissed.
Upon the completion of preference and registration process, applicants will be tested by Ankara University Turkish and Foreign Languages Centre (TOMER). Successful applicant can start their undergraduate programs and unsuccessful ones will attend a Turkish preparatory course at B or C level for one year. Unsuccessful applicants may attend a Turkish Preparatory Course for one more year (maximum of two years).
11-ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS
The results will be announced on July 26, 2017 at the following website: http://oidb.ankara.edu.tr
Additionally, an admission letter by Ankara University will be issued for the admitted candidates. Those candidates are supposed to get an “Education Visa” with this admission letter from Turkish Embassies in their country (or a nearest one). This visa is required to enter into Turkey and to make registration to the university.
Final registration will be made between 05-08 September, 2017.
Required Documents for Registration
1) High School Diploma (and a certified copy of your High School Diploma which is translated into Turkish),
2) An Equivalence Letter from the Ministry of Education of Turkey or from the Turkish Embassy Education Counsellor in their country, certifying that the diploma is equivalent to a Turkish High School Diploma,
3) Applicants who apply pursuant to the Article 4 of the application criteria must submit a certified document which states that the applicant has completed the entire secondary education abroad (a certified document from the school graduated or a transcript covering the complete education period),
4) Original result of the Ankara University Foreign Student Placement Exam (AYÖS) or an equivalent (ABITUR, International Baccalaureate, SAT I, ACT, etc.) exam,
5) The result of the GCE AL exam for citizens of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus who still reside and have taken the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in the TRNC, and who took the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in foreign countries between 2005-2010,
6) ID information documents for Turkish citizens by birth but who have lost Turkish citizenship via residential permit, and who have Turkish nationality up to the third sub-lineage and can deliver the record from Blue ID Register from Blue ID or ID-Share system, and also who can deliver ID record from their own national country,
7) Applicants who hold dual citizenship (if one is Turkish Republic citizenships) must submit the certificate of identity register copy,
8) Original result of the Ankara University Foreign Student Placement Exam (AYÖS),
9) A photocopy of passport with an education visa and residence permit from Provincial Security Directorate (Foreign applicants who completed their high school education entirely in Turkish Republic can use their available residence permit and can be registered without education visa),
10) 6 biometric photos which are taken recently, 3.5×4.5 cm. in size,
11) Tuition fee bank statement,
12) The Candidates who are accepted for registiration must certify that their economic status is eligible for their study of first year of accepted program (tuition fee, accomodation and book expenses) mentioned amount should be at candiates bank account or another person shold sign undertaking form to show he will undertake all expenses of student
13) Ankara University Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Centre (TÖMER) diploma or registration document / Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Proficiency Document. Periods of study at the related faculty/vocational school for students who register for the Turkish course at TÖMER are suspended for one or maximum two years temporarily. These students have to finish the course in one or maximum two years and submit their Turkish Proficiency Diploma to the Student Affairs Department. Level Certificates will not substitute for Turkish Proficiency Diploma.
Candidates who will not be able to provide the required documents during the final registration or whose documents are incorrect or false will not be admitted even if they have been given the right to register for the programs.