Foreign students will be admitted to Ankara University Associate and Bachelor Programs according to the exam results obtained from Ankara University Examination for Foreign Students (2017-AYÖS / 2018-AYÖS) and other equivalent exams (SAT I, ACT, International Baccalaureate, ABITUR,) between September 18-20, 2018.
Candidates who submitted an application between Jun 29- June 11, 2018 but did not acquire any of Ankara University Associate and Bachelor Programs and candidates who did not submitted an application between May Jun 29- June 11, 2018 will be able to make an application for additional quotas.Candidates who acquired right for registration and registered and did not register between September 3-7, 2018 will not be able to make an application for additional quotas.
|DATES OF APPLICATION||18/09/2018 – 20/09/2018|
|ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS||28/09/2018|
|FINAL REGISTRATION||03/10/2018 – 05/10/2018|
2-QUOTAS AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
You can click here for quotas.
You can click here for programs and admission requirements.
You can click here for 2018-2019 Tuition Fees
4-NOTES AND IMPORTANT POINTS
1-Assessment of the applications and placement of the candidates are under Ankara University’s authorization. Ankara University is not obliged to fill the quota. Meeting application requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
2-Only one of the exam results required in assessment should be used in application. Application of the candidates using more than one result will be void.
3-10% country quota is applied in the assessment process. Candidate must fill in his/her country correctly. Filling in a different country will result in the revoke of the registration even if the candidate gains the right to register.
4-No application fee is required.
5-AYÖS, SAT and ACT scores submitted by the applicants must be taken in years 2016 or 2017.
6-Only certified documents will be accepted. Copies of online score reports or score report labels (Except AYÖS, SAT and ACT) will not be accepted.
7-For the attention of the applicants applying with German high school diploma; applications with Fachabitur, equivalent to technical high school diploma, are void. Only applications with Abitur, equivalent to general high school diploma, will be accepted.
8-For the attention of applicants applying with SAT score; SAT score reports must be sent directly to the registration address via ETS until the registration dates (September 5-8, 2017). (SAT Code for Ankara University: 7964)
9-Students registering for university must enrol in Universal Health Insurance (Genel Sağlık Sigortası) by applying to Social Security Institution (Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumu) with their Foreigner Identification Number. Students cannot benefit from the health service unless they apply for it.
5- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following may apply:
a) Senior class high school students or high school graduates;
1) Foreign students,
2) Those who are Turkish citizens by birth but with a later permission for renouncement of nationality by the Ministry of Domestic Affairs and those who provide evidence that their under age children registered in the document of renouncement of nationality have a Document on the Use of Recognized Rights by the Turkish Citizenship Law (Article 7 of the Turkish Citizenship Law no: 5901 states the following: “(1) Children who are born during the marriage of a Turkish mother or father in Turkey or abroad are Turkish citizens.” and the candidates abroad to apply to admission quotas are advised to view the Turkish Citizenship Law.),
3) Foreigners who have had the right to the certificate of naturalisation of the Turkish Republic as citizens / those who have dual nationality under similar conditions,
4) a) Turkish students who attended secondary schools abroad before the date of 01/02/2013, including those who have completed the last three years of their secondary school (high school) education in a foreign country except for Cyprus and those who have completed their whole secondary school (high school) education Turkish schools under the supervision of the Ministry of National Education (MoNE) in a foreign country except for Cyprus)
b) Candidates of foreign student admission quotas who started secondary school education abroad after the date of 01/02/2013, including those who have completed their whole secondary school (high school) education in a foreign country except for Cyprus and those who have completed their whole secondary school (high school) education Turkish schools under the supervision of the Ministry of National Education (MoNE) in a foreign country except for Cyprus)
5) Cyprus citizens who live in Cyprus and those who have completed their secondary school education (high school) in Cyprus high schools and have received GCE AL results and those who were registered at and attended private schools and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 with GCE AL examination results or those who will receive such results,
b) The following applicants cannot apply:
1) Turkish students who have completed their whole secondary school education in Turkey or in Cyprus,
2) Cyprus citizens (except for those who have completed their whole secondary school education (high school) in Cyprus high schools and have received GCE AL results and those who were registered at and attended private schools and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 with GCE AL examination results or those who will receive such results),
*3) those who have dual nationality, the first of which is Turkish by birth as stated in Article a, clause 2 (except for those who meet the conditions stated in Article a, clause 4)
4) Those who have dual identity, one of which is Cypriot, except for those who have completed their whole secondary school education (high school) in Cyprus high schools and have received GCE AL results and those who were registered at and attended private schools and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 with GCE AL examination results or those who will receive such results),
5) Turkish citizens who attend schools in Turkey under the supervision of embassies and foreign high schools in Turkey or those who have dual identity, the first of which is Turkish by birth, as stated in Article a, clause 2
- The registration of those who fail to submit the required admission documents will be cancelled and will not be taken into consideration even if their registration process has been completed.
6-EXAMS / DIPLOMAS THAT ARE ACCEPTED FOR APPLICATION AND MINIMUM SCORES :
- Minimum 50 standard points in AYÖS 2017 or AYÖS 2018 (Ankara University Examination For Foreign Students),
- Scores between 1-4 in ABITUR,
- An international baccalaureate diploma degree and minimum 30 points,
- Minimum 1100 points in total and minimum 650 points in the math section of SAT I,
- A score of minimum 24 in ACT,
- GCE and Cambridge International AL and AS Levels Qualifications A minimum of two A levels relevant to the program the candidate is applying for, with a minimum grade of A in one of them; in addition, a minimum of 320 points from all A or AS levels taken (with A- level tariff rates: A*=140, A=120, B=100, C=80) should be secured. AS-level (Advanced Subsidiary Level) may be considered in lieu of a nonessential A-level with half tariff rates.(Those who have not had a score of any kinds of exams on the list yet should not apply to study at any programs.)
- French Baccalaureate with a minimum score of 15 out of 20 in the stream related to the program the candidate is applying for,
- Jordan and Palestine Tawjihi Certificate with a minimum exam score of 80 in all programs,
- West African Examination Council West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) (WAEC) a minimum of 6 B2 Levels, one of which is relevant to the program the candidate is applying for,
- A minimum average of 75% in College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) in CSAT ( College Scholastic Aptitude Test) exam prepared by “Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE)” in South Korea [Suneung] including at least one relevant subject in type B.
- Japan Daigaku Nyûski Sentâ Shiken Entrance Exam
Parts of Exam, Maximum Points and Duration of Exams:Japanese Language 80 minutes (200 points)Social Sciences (History-Geography, Citizenship) 1 part 60 minutes (110 points), 2 parts 130 minutes (200points)Maths 1 60 minutes (100 points)Maths 2 60 minutes (100 points)
Science 1 60 minutes two parts (100 points)
Science 2 60 minutes, 1 part (100 points), 2 parts 130 minutes (200 points)
Foreign Language 80 minutes (200 points)
Those who have a score of any exams on the above mentioned list in paragraphs (j), (k) are going to gain an acceptance depending on the decision of the related faculty members.
- Aptitude test: Applicants who will apply to departments that require aptitude tests should not only provide the necessary requirements, but also required to take an aptitude test conducted by the related faculty or department.
- High School GPA: After placement of the types of examinations above, applications made according to national high school final examinations will be assessed if vacant quotas remain.
The results of exams which are specified as the University Entrance Exam are valid for only two years.
There is no time expiry for the exams which are specified as High School Graduation Exam.
7) REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
(1) Application Form: The application form is filled in Online Application System.
(2) Certified copy of high school diploma and certified copy of Turkish translation of the diploma: If the original high school diploma is not in Turkish, a certified copy of the diploma translated by Sworn Translation Offices and a certified copy of high school diploma shall be submitted simultaneously. Those who have not received their diplomas yet shall submit an official document (temporary graduation certificate) given by high schools to show that they will be graduates at a certain date and probable degree of graduation.
(3) Transcript: The applicants shall submit their official transcript certified by High School Directorate to show high school courses attended and grades. Transcripts must include all the grades in the courses during the entire high school years. If the original transcript is not in Turkish, a Turkish copy of the transcript translated by Sworn Translation shall be submitted with the transcript.
(4) Valid Examination Results: The examination result needed for the application (AYOS, SAT, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) and etc.) shall be sent. The examination results stated in Article 6 of the announcement, entitled “Examination Results for the Assessment of Candidates to Apply” are accepted. No application will be allowed for the examinations not referred in the article.
(5) Photocopy of The Passport: The applicants are obliged to upload the id information and photo pages of their passport to the system.
(6) Those who have dual nationality are obliged to present documents to show their first nationality is not Turkish. Certificate of identity register copy
(7) Blue ID holders Blue Card Document Photocopy
8) APPLICATION PROCESS
(1) Foreign Student Quotas in the online application system shall be available as scheduled in the student admission calendar.
(2) Application documents listed in Article 7 shall be uploaded to the online application system.
(3) Applications of the candidates who have only filled in the application form, but have not uploaded the required documents to the system, shall be considered invalid.
(4) The candidates are required to fill in the application form in capital letters (except for e-mail address) and upload the needed documents to the online application system without any missing documents.
(5) The uploaded documents shall be needed originally during registration.
(6) The candidates shall have the responsibility for the accuracy and the completeness of the uploaded documents and the declared information.
(7) Applications of those who have more than one user name shall be considered invalid.
(8) Applications shall be registered upon the completion of upload to the system.
(9) Uploaded documents to the system shall be controlled by the staff authorised for pre-assessment and if there is no missing document and all the requirements are met, the application form shall appear under “approved” status.
(10) In case of missing documents and if the requirements are not met, the application shall appear under “denied” status.
(11) The candidates shall be contacted through their e-mail addresses provided in the system during the online application assessment process. The applications of the candidates whose application status is changed as “failed/missing documents” shall not be assessed until they complete the necessary documents.
(12) The applications of the candidates whose status in the system is changed as “denied” shall not be included in the assessment.
(13) Selections must be made in consideration with the programme quotas given in the quota table and programme requirements.
(14) During selection, students are advised to rank their choices starting with the most desired programme.
9) PRE-ASSESSMENT PROCESS OF APPLICATIONS
(1) All the candidates shall be assessed according to the “type of examination” in the application. The application status of the candidates who have not submitted proper documents according to the type of examination shall be changed as “failed/missing documents”.
(2) The application status of the candidates who have completely uploaded their documents to the system shall be changed as “approved”.
(3) The application status of the candidates whose applications do not comply with Ankara University Guideline on the Foreign Student Admission shall be changed as “denied”.
(4) All the candidates whose application status have changed shall be sent an e-mail, using personal e-mail addresses provided in the system, informing that “Your application has been denied”. The candidates shall be responsible for tracking the application status by logging in the online application system and for observing warnings listed under the option of “notes”.
10) APPLICATION LINK
0(312) 2141350 /6140-6139-6138
11-LANGUAGE OF EDUCATION
The language of education at our university is generally Turkish. Foreign language training is also provided. You can get information about the medium of instruction of the program you are applying for in Quota section.
12-TURKISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Those who are coming from abroad should submit their diploma proving that they have taken a proficiency exam in Turkish. Foreign Languages Research and Application Centre (TÖMER) or Yunus Emre Institute have been awarded a degree of Turkish Proficiency. Students who do not submit their Turkish Proficiency Diploma during the application process should submit it in the following maximum two years. After two years; those who cannot prove their proficiency will be dismissed.
Turkish Proficiency Certificate or Diploma is not sought in student admissions to the programs which are only taught in a specific foreign language and for foreign students who graduated from secondary education institutions in the Republic of Turkey.
Upon the completion of preference and registration process, applicants will be tested by Ankara University Turkish and Foreign Languages Centre (TOMER). Successful applicant can start their undergraduate programs and unsuccessful ones will attend a Turkish preparatory course at B or C level for one year. Unsuccessful applicants may attend a Turkish Preparatory Course for one more year (maximum of two years).
13-ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS
The results will be announced on September 28, 2018 at the following website: http://oidb.ankara.edu.tr
Additionally, an admission letter by Ankara University will be issued for the admitted candidates. Those candidates are supposed to get an “Education Visa” with this admission letter from Turkish Embassies in their country (or a nearest one). This visa is required to enter into Turkey and to make registration to the university.
Final registration will be made between 03-05 October, 2018.
Required Documents for Registration
1)High School Diploma (and a certified copy of your High School Diploma which is translated into Turkish),
2)An Equivalence Letter from the Ministry of Education of Turkey or from the Turkish Embassy Education Counsellor in their country, certifying that the diploma is equivalent to a Turkish High School Diploma,
3)Applicants who apply pursuant to the Article 4 of the application criteria must submit a certified document which states that the applicant has completed the entire secondary education abroad (a certified document from the school graduated or a transcript covering the complete education period),
4) Original result of the Ankara University Foreign Student Placement Exam (AYÖS) or an equivalent (ABITUR, International Baccalaureate, SAT I, ACT, etc.) exam,
5) The result of the GCE AL exam for citizens of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus who still reside and have taken the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in the TRNC, and who took the GCE AL exam after completing their secondary education in foreign countries between 2005-2010,
6) ID information documents for Turkish citizens by birth but who have lost Turkish citizenship via residential permit, and who have Turkish nationality up to the third sub-lineage and can deliver the record from Blue ID Register from Blue ID or ID-Share system, and also who can deliver ID record from their own national country,
7) Applicants who hold dual citizenship (if one is Turkish Republic citizenships) must submit the certificate of identity register copy,
8) Original result of the Ankara University Foreign Student Placement Exam (AYÖS),
9) A photocopy of passport with an education visa and residence permit from Provincial Security Directorate (Foreign applicants who completed their high school education entirely in Turkish Republic can use their available residence permit and can be registered without education visa),
10) 6 biometric photos which are taken recently, 3.5×4.5 cm. in size,
11) Tuition fee bank statement,
12) The Candidates who are accepted for registiration must certify that their economic status is eligible for their study of first year of accepted program (tuition fee, accomodation and book expenses) mentioned amount should be at candiates bank account or another person shold sign undertaking form to show he will undertake all expenses of student
13) Ankara University Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Centre (TÖMER) diploma or registration document / Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Proficiency Document. Periods of study at the related faculty/vocational school for students who register for the Turkish course at TÖMER are suspended for one or maximum two years temporarily. These students have to finish the course in one or maximum two years and submit their Turkish Proficiency Diploma to the Student Affairs Department. Level Certificates will not substitute for Turkish Proficiency Diploma.
Candidates who will not be able to provide the required documents during the final registration or whose documents are incorrect or false will not be admitted even if they have been given the right to register for the programs.